Improve Balance & Mobility Aids for Elderly
Considered one of the mobility aids ideal for improving flexibility and balance
Regular exercise is crucial to maintaining strength in your muscles that in turn helps with balance and mobility. The Aircycle is an easy to use and highly effective mobility aid to help you exercise regularly.
- Strengthen leg muscles – the Aircycle exercises work both calf and thigh muscles strongly. Using muscles helps to strengthen them. Even at 90 you can still improve your muscle strength.
- Stronger leg muscles help to support and protect your joints – this is helpful for taking some of the pressure off your joints and helping to relieve joint pain.
- Improve joint flexibility – the Aircycle exercises work your joints to keep them moving which helps to reduce stiffness and maintain joint flexibility.
- Improve balance – strong leg muscles, good joint flexibility and less pain work together to help preserve and improve good balance.
- Movement of any kind helps to relieve pain – for arthritic pain the advice is always “Move, Move, Move”. Having less pain often encourages you to move more and stay mobile.
Can you prevent falls?
Falls don’t “just happen” and aren’t just part of getting older, although older people are more likely to fall. One out of three people aged 65 or older falls each year. Falls cause 90% of all hip fractures and are the top cause of injury death among this age group.
Loss of independence is feared by many people. Preventing falls is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your independence. People who are afraid of falling often avoid activity and then find their leg muscles and even their bones weaken, joints stiffen up and their balance declines, all of which make them less stable on their feet.
Staying mobile, strong and active goes a long way to preventing falls. Read more on the blog posts: